Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice


I am on the bike trainer this morning.  Using Droid to check on blogs and am attempting to type while warming up.  So far so good. 

Hope someone out there got to see the Lunar Eclipse last night.  Cloudy here in Wsconsin.  Later this afternoon we move into Winter.  You could have fooled me.  With the below zero temp's we had last week I could have sworn that we were in the middle of January   We got about 3 inches of fresh snow last  night - but now we are getting freezing rain - so my normal 15 minute commute to work will probably be doubled - I know that isn't bad - but something I have to take into account.  Windshields will be frozen. 

Junk food day at work today - I took my mint s'more brownies to work yesterday so will be bringing fruit today.  I figure you need something half way healthy when enjoying chips, dip, cookies, sausage, cheese etc.  I peeled and cleaned 3 pomagranates, cut a fresh pineapple, washed grapes and will be also taking some clemintines.  All of it sounds great right now. 

Signing off for today - need to get back to biking - I am warmed up and ready to ride. 

Have a great first day of winter.  As the shortest day of the year, we have 9 hours of sun light today.  The good news is the days will be getting longer instead of shorter. 

Peace and Joy

3 comments:

  1. That's what I call multi-tasking...blogging and training at the same time :) Good job on the bike...be careful in the freezing rain and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp, the days will only get longer from here! I can't believe it's already the winter Solstice, 6 months ago I was in Alaska for the summer solstice and enjoyed 23 hours of sunlight! Feels like just yesterday. Happy solstice to you! I hope to get on my trainer tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy solstice! It's all downhill (in a good way) from here!

    ReplyDelete