Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday . . .

just might be . . . the last day in the mid 50's that does not include rain. The forecast for this weekend is mid 50's, but also includes rain - 80-90% chance both days, so I assume it will rain!

The week started with snow falling on Monday. At first it was just a very light dusting and was melting as soon as it hit the ground. But eventually it started sticking and actually stayed on the ground for several days. That just confirms that the day time temp's were cold.



 
I took today off and what a beautiful day it was. I would like to say that I got a lot accomplished - but I didn't and I am more than just OK with that. Heck it was a vacation day - that shouldn't always translate into cleaning the house, working outside in the gardens or doing laundry - right?

I relaxed around the house this morning. Doing a little reading and enjoyed a couple cups of coffee. Then showered and out the door for a walk with Sophie. At the park I noticed a large bird flying away from me and it appeared to have white markings . . . I thought it looked like a bald eagle. I have seen them at the park in past years, often in the fall and spring obviously stopping at the lake while passing through! I then saw where the two were sitting, up in a distant treeing on a little island in the middle of the lake. I only had my cell phone with me and knew they were too far away, so no picture. I will be keeping my eyes open for them in the next few days so that I can get a photo.

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and decided to bike and am so glad I did it. I figured I should get some extra healthy stars from the doctor for biking to the appointment. Nothing new at the check up, which is a good thing. The scale always reads heavier than my home scale. . . I assume that happens to everyone! No change in vitals, blood work was fine and no changes to cholesterol, etc. Pretty healthy. The only thing I complained to her about was that I am tired in the evenings. For some reason I "think" I should have boundless energy and feel the same at 8:00pm as I do at 8:00am. That just doesn't happen.

After the Dr appointment I stopped at Barriques for a latte and sandwich.

Barriques on Park St and my bike.
Look at the cute kitty they made in my latte!
Just around the corner from Barriques I stopped for a photo of the Capitol - across the bay, on a beautiful day.

On my ride home, I circled around to the park to see if by chance the eagles were still in the tree, but no sign of them. Hopefully I will see them again when I have my camera with me.

Once home I enjoyed a big glass of water, wrote this post and then decided to clean the floors! With the sun shining in the windows, I really notice the dog and cat hair on the floor and it drives me crazy.

Enjoy the moments!


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment