Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Sunday, January 31, 2010

what to do . . . what to do . . . what to do

So I am heading to Denver for a conference on Wednesday. After the conference is finished on Friday afternoon, my plan was to drive up into the mountains and spend some extra days out there skiing. A friend of mine was going to fly in to Colorado and we were going to meet up after I was finished on Friday. We were then going to ski Saturday thru Tuesday and return to Madison on Wed. Feb. 10th.

My friend called me this morning and her father passed away last evening. I am very sorry for my friend's loss. Her parents were down south over the winter - but the funeral will be in Indiana. So there are a lot of travel issues and she is not sure about the arrangements. She obviously won't be able to come with me skiing.

I now need to figure out what I am going to do.

My choices are:

1. Stick with the plan - and ski by myself. Vail and Steamboat offer ski with resort ambassadors for individuals over 50 - so I could take advantage of that. Spend some time alone - do what I want - when I want - eat what I want - when I want - shop or do whatever I want. But I would be alone and although a couple days sound great - this would be 4 days of skiing by myself.

2. Since I am flying out through work - my airfare is covered by my company. I could see if there is a penalty for changing the return time and if not - or if it isn't very expensive I would cover the reschedule fee and simply fly back after the conference on Friday.

3. If I can change my return flight for a reasonable price - maybe return on Monday and simply ski on Saturday and Sunday. That way I could ski for a couple of days.

There is always a chance that we could reschedule another trip out west a little later in the winter - but that might be difficult.

what to do . . . what to do . . . what to do???

1 comment: