Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Friday, March 26, 2010

Tall Mom Virtual Race for the Cure





I am running my first race of 2010. I know many of you have been racing in local races - or have traveled to warmer climates to race. But this will be my first of the season. It will be a lot of fun to be part of the virtual race.


It was funny at dinner tonight. My husband, youngest son and I went out to eat after I got home from my yoga class. I was telling them about the race. They didn't really understand why I would be doing this.


"Why don't you just say that you ran?"

"How will it be fair - some people will run hilly courses and others flat?"

"People will be all different ages."

"Just pick a fast time and report it."


I assured them that it was going to be fun and I was looking forward to it. They just shook their heads.


Looking forward to my run tomorrow. Running because I can. ;-)


Peace

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you for trying to explain it... funny. :-) Running because you can... how wonderful. Congrats on your first race of 2010!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete