Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cherry on Top Award!


I was awarded the Cherry On Top Award by Ewa at Fit Bunny  - here are the rules!

1) Answer this question: if you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
2) Pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the persons that they have got this award.
3) The third and the final thing is, thank the person who gave you the award.


1)  If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life - would I and what would it be?  


Well this is actually pretty easy.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago - September 2004.  

On one hand - of course I would rather have not had breast cancer - duh!  
  • I would love to have my right breast back.  
  • I would love to not have lymphedema
  • I would love to not have to take drugs to try and keep my breast cancer from coming back. 
  • I would love to not think about cancer each and every day.  



    But on the other hand - 
    • I can guarantee that as a result of my breast cancer diagnosis I do not take anything for granted.  I appreciate each and every day.  I try and surround myself (to the best of my abilities) with people that I like and do things that I like.  
    • While I do look to the future -- I know that I need to enjoy the here and now.  
    • I enjoy the life I have . . . right now . . . instead of worrying about what I don't have.  


      So I take the life I have been given and try to live each day to the best.  Because . . . today, just might be the best day of my life.  


      2.  I award this to the following 6 people.  

      3.  Thanks to
      Ewa for tagging me - check out her blog - HERE  - she has the best nature photo's!  Beautiful - simply beautiful!


      2 comments: