Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Random 11 things . . . my turn!

I was tagged by Kimmy at My Life Running....   HERE for the Random 11 things going around the blogosphere.  Last but not least I will participate.  


  1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in your tagger's post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blogs and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

11 randoms about me.


1. Copying Kimmy . . . I too am a morning person.  I love to run while others sleep and I especially love to enjoy a hot cup of coffee in morning out on the patio is the warm morning hours of summer.  

2.  My eyebrows are tattooed 
3.  My father died from an accidental drowning when I was 9 years old. 
4.  I learned to drive a manual transmission using my boyfriends (now husband's) BMW.
5.  I learned to drive a motorcycle and had my permit - but never got my motorcycle license.
6.  In college I was a music major and then switched to accounting.
7.  I get irritated with people who are too lazy to scrape their car windows off  - we live in Wisconsin, carry an ice scraper!
8.  I use botox on my forehead!  
9.  I use Restylane as a filler for my nasolabial folds and LOVE IT!
10.  My indulgence is watching Mad Men on Netflix
11. I consider myself lucky to have had breast cancer

Kimmy's questions for me.....

The questions to those I tagged..

1.  Whats your favorite workout?
Start the day with a 8 mile run and then hop on my road bike for a nice 30 mile ride.  

2.  Whats your favorite running food?
Before I run - Oatmeal with fruit and coffee, While I am running - Gu and After I run - sliced avocado with Laughing cow cheese on Sandwich thins.

3.  If you could do one favorite thing what would you do?
Downhill skiing

4.  Whats the perfect running temperature for you?
50-60 degrees

5.  If you had a choice between doing a long run or speed work what would you pick?
Long run

6.  What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving.  I like that there is no "stuff" for sale or major material stuff surrounding this holiday  . . . it is such a simple idea . . . give thanks for what we have.  

7.  Would you go to a friend who needed you no matter what?
Yes

8.  Do you like to workout inside or outside?
Run Outside wins all year long.  I have my bike set up inside on my trainer, but would rather be outside.

9.  What is your favorite training schedule?
Run 5 days out of 7 and be able to bike outside

10 How long have you been running?
I have been running for 20 years!!!!!

11. Why do you run?
I love the empowered feeling and the physical fitness benefits.

I am leaking out . . . Since I am clearly one of the last bloggers to participate . . . I am not going to tag people, because it seems like everyone has been tagged and responded.

Peace and Enjoy every moment!




1 comment: