Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Sunday, October 6, 2013

A week has passed

. . . since my last post.

Last week I ended my post with a running update. Today lets start with a running update. Thanks to my friend Rachel, from Running in Real Life, for a mid-week 7 mile run. Add to that a couple of short runs and a 10.6 mile run on Saturday and I am a happy camper. While I had planned to follow a training plan - that didn't work out, so instead I am going to follow a mid week 7 or 8 mile run and another long run on the weekend to get ready for Tyranena Half Barrel run on Nov 2. I wasn't sure if I had it in me to hit double digits - but actually felt great on my long run - which so helped my confidence! Someday I will be too old for this - but not today - not this year!

The weather was beautiful for biking to work this week, but various obligations only allowed me to bike one day. I love to bike and especially enjoy my ride home - it is so stress releasing and I am usually in no hurry. I think this weeks forecast is for cooler temp's, but certainly still biking weather. I want to bike for as long as possible without freezing.

This morning started with a lovely walk around the neighborhood. The sky and water were so blue!

Could there be a more beautiful view of our little lake?

a golden path
Once home I made a batch of steel cut oats and mixed with a bunch of fresh fruit for my breakfast. I made enough oats for the week. While washing a few dishes, I noticed the activity in my flowering crab trees! The two trees are bursting with berries and the robins and cedar wax wings love these things.
Shy
There he is!

My son Charlie was home for the weekend. He hasn't been home for a couple months and I missed him. We didn't end up doing much over the weekend, but it sure was nice having him home. He took off mid day heading back to Eau Claire.

Hey, let me take a picture of you before you go!
Later in the day after watching the Packers beat the Lions we took Sophie to the dog park for some good runs. She was a tired dog. Todd and I walk thru the park separately and call for her and she runs back and forth!

The day ended with Todd mowing the lawn, while I finished up on dinner. I had started a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker earlier in the day - I love the aroma from the slow cooker - boy all day long you could smell the pork slowly cooking. I cooked some acorn squash and new potatoes and once the lawn was mowed, we enjoyed our dinner.

Enjoy the moments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment