Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Thursday, October 31, 2013

I am done with . . . .

Invisalign trays and braces!
I started my Invisalign journey in April 2012.  What was suppose to take 8-9 months actually took 18 months and when I got rid of the Invisalign trays I was convinced by my Orthodontist to wear braces, something I said I never wanted to do . . . but in the end did!

I originally had a set of 10 trays. When I finished them at the end of last year, my teeth were still not where we wanted them, so I simply continued on with another round of 8 trays. At the beginning of September my Orthodontist said that the trays had did what they could, but it was obvious that we were not going to get the results we wanted.  BUT, if I would be willing to let him put braces on he was sure it could quickly pull the tooth, my left lateral incisor, down to align with my other teeth. While Invisalign did a good job straightening my teeth, the trays just weren't able to apply the pressure needed to pull the tooth down out of my gum line. We went back and forth about the braces, but I eventually gave in and said that I would give it a few months, but would have them removed before the end of the year.

As someone who did not have braces as a child, it sucks! It is nearly impossible to eat in front of people.  To those that I did eat in front of, I apologize for checking my teeth for leftover food particles while at the table or for not checking my teeth for leftover food particles.
I had the wires adjusted 3 different times and got them off this morning.  He was right, the braces were quickly able to pull the tooth down.  It really is amazing how quickly it worked.  I am so happy to be done. I still have metal retainers on the inside of both my uppers and lowers, but those are not bothersome.

Here is a "before" and 2 after pictures

Enjoy the moments!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can really notice a difference in the before and after shots. Sounds like the inconvenience was worth it.

    But you know, you have a beautiful smile either way!!! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete