Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nutrition and Running

Normally I think I eat pretty good. During the week especially - I almost always take my lunch to work and it involves a couple of pieces of fruit - Naked drink - almonds - soup or salad. Well yesterday I was out of the office and boy oh boy did I pay for it this morning. I fought for every mile this morning on my run. It was a total struggle - but I did do it - so I am happy about that.
Obviously I know that food effects how I feel - but this morning is was so much more pronounced . . . I think because it has been quite a long time since I have had any of these foods . . . and I hope it is a long time until I try these again.

So here is a list of what I ate:
  • breakfast on the road - Egg McMuffin and Micky D's Hazelnut latte (way too sweet)
  • lunch (during my meeting) was fried rice with stir fry vegies, egg roll with sauce and a fortune cookie
  • after the meeting on our way back to Madison we stopped at Kopp's in Milwaukee a yummy shop with the best frozen custard and I had a peanut butter with hot fudge shake.
By the time I got back into town - I was so tired - more than likely from the food.

Once I got back from the trip yesterday I stopped at a friends house to talk about our winter ski trip to Vail. I had a couple of glasses of wine - it was a fun way to end a day that involved too much of the wrong food.

Today, Saturday - I got back into healthy eating starting with my favorite fruit smoothie - Stonyfield yogurt, frozen berries, a little hazelnut butter and milk.

Enjoy the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment