Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tall Mom is Super Nice

As many of you know- Mel, of Tall Mom on the Run, recently completed the Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon as part of Marathon for the Cure - because of her "fun" fundraising ideas she raised over $1,800.  WOW!!!

As an almost 6 year survivor (diagnosed Sept 8, 2004) of breast cancer - I am drawn to the Susan G. Komen organization.  I, like many many readers, contributed to the cause.  In case you missed it - Mel dedicated mile 21 to me.  See her post here.  Needless to say - I was honored when I read this.  We have never met - but from the start Mel has always had kind words and thoughtful responses.  Love her.

Anyway - she emailed me to see what size I was - the Komen organization had sent her a small running tank and she wanted to send it to me - if it would fit.  Well it was the perfect size and it arrived today.

I biked to work today and was TIRED biking home.  This was my first day back to work since last Thursday - and I didn't leave work until 5:45 - so that means that I got home around 6:20.  I went to the mail box and there was a package - addressed to me - from Mel.  ;-)  Isn't it GREAT to receive something in the mail - there is just something exciting about getting a package - it is a special day.



what's that - under the Costco connection?
a present from Tall Mom  ;-)



A heartfelt note



a cute tank and ???



a ribbon ornament



I tried it on - over my sweaty (just got home from biking) body.   It fits perfect.  
My shorts snap is sort of sticking out - looks sort of odd  !!!!!
I can't wait to wear it for a run - it will be part of my Saturday 10 mile run outfit.  

THANKS Mel - your kindness MADE MY DAY!   The fun and joy of blogging and meeting so many nice people . . .  priceless.  

Enjoy the weekend
PEACE
Linda

5 comments:

  1. WOw oh wow you look ADORABLE in that tank, so glad it fits you perfect. My handwriting is soo bad, LOL!!

    Love the new look of your Blog and thank you again, sooo much for your generous dontation and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yes, Tall Mom is very sweet and you look FANTASTIC in your new tank. :-) I'm betting it makes your 10-miler feel like a breeze. LOL (if it were only that easy, right?)

    HUGS from Orlando!
    r.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect on you. I love these blog world connections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally digging the new layout and look of yoru blog, Linda! AWESOME!

    Congrats on the sweet note and goodies from Mel. You look adorable. And she is so incredibly sweet!!

    ReplyDelete