Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Broken . . .

. . . streak. I have posted 10 consecutive posts . . . but not yesterday . .

Yesterday, Wednesday August 6th was a day just like every other day, except that I ran the Movin' Shoes Full Moon run which had a start time of 9PM. Afterwards I met up with a couple of friends for some late dinner at Alchemy and didn't get to sleep until nearly midnight, excuses, excuses.

This was my 4th year of running this race and I really enjoy it. It is a small race with a 500 limit on participants. There were 431 finishers, which means that some people signed up and then were not able to run.

Sad to say that instead of getting faster I am getting slower. In 2011 - 29:34, 2012 - 29:39, 2013 - 30:57, and this year - 31:53. I guess that should be motivation for me to work on some speed work or at least get out there for more miles. And you know what, it was also a GREAT reminder that I LOVE to run. I really enjoy biking, especially commuting to and from work . . . I like biking on the road . . . and I like biking on trails . . . but at the end of the day, even though I am not speedy, I LOVE the way I feel from running. I will get more miles under my belt!

Every time I thought about running the race, I was conflicted. I haven't gotten much running in lately, especially because of all of the biking I have been doing, so I just wasn't feeling it. But I knew that three friends Rachel here, Kim here, and Corinne were going to be there and I am never unhappy after I run. And although I was not as speedy as I would have liked, I still had a great time and it provided me with the motivation to get out there for more runs.

Here is a picture of the 4 of us and just Corinne and I with the Capitol building in the background.

Fast forward to this morning - those dang rocks (that block vehicle entrance to the bike path) did not move. I am sure they are regularly moved . . . but not this week. Both on this mornings commute and this afternoons commute, they were still in the same place. One of these days I will get to prove that they move.

Enjoy the moments!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. That is a good excuse not to post - late day! And pssssh, you are BARELY getting slower. Like you said, if you ran more, you would be a bit faster! Those times are pretty consistent in the grand scheme of things! :)

    It was so nice to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete