Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Friday, August 1, 2014

Sleep . . .

. . . glorious sleep. It woke up so rested this morning. Sometimes your body just needs sleep and last night was the night devoted to allowing myself to sleep and wake when I wanted, which occurred at 8:10. Although I woke up a little earlier I fell back to sleep and eventually awoke to the cats crawling on me and the dog announcing that she needed to go out. 91/2 hours of sleep!

Relaxing morning coffee on the porch and then dead heading some flowers.

In preparation of tomorrow's MS 150 bike ride I washed my bike and cleaned the chain. I also washed my commuter bike so that it is ready for biking to work next week. Since we biked to New Glarus last Monday the chain was really dusty and goopy.

After running a few errands this afternoon I put my bike on the car rack and headed over to load my bike for he MS ride. The coordination of this event is awesome. Those of us in the Madison area load our bikes on semi's on Friday evening. They are then transported to Waukesha for the start of the ride. A couple of us decided to get to the drop off site a little before 5 and we were near the front of the line. This was great timing, since not long after we loaded our bikes and heading home the wind, thunder, lightning and rain started. I am sure there were quite a few people waiting in line when the storm came through.

Early evening since we have to be back to the same location to load ourselves onto buses to make the trip to Waukesha at 5:00 AM.

Enjoy the moments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment