Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Monday, February 14, 2011

Start the week off right!

I love to get the week started off on the right foot!

After running 6.5 miles yesterday with Kerri and Jamie, I woke up to 30 degree temp's this morning and took Sophie out for our 2 mile loop.  It was really windy - but felt so nice to have warmer temp's.
As I was getting dressed for work, I decided to pack up my running gear so that if I had time I could run at lunch.  Even though my work day was really packed - I decided that I would make time.  It was 40 degrees, still windy - but sunny and beautiful.  Lots of people were out enjoying the weather on bikes,  roller blades and of course plenty of other runners.  I did 5 miles and felt tired - but soooo good.  That makes today a 7 mile day - yahoo.

Since I didn't have my camera yesterday when I ran with Kerri and Jamie - I took it with me today.  Here are a couple of photo's from my lunch time run - which was on the same path as yesterday.

Lake Monona in the background

View of downtown across Lake Monona
Dinosaurs stuck in the snow!
Tomorrow morning I will take Sophie out again and then hop on the bike trainer.  I have too many meetings going on tomorrow so no running at lunch, which will give me a little rest.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Linda,

    Thanks for sharing story. It's truly inspirational. You're one tough gal.

    I'm also a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2007. I'm in the process of writing a series of articles about my story on a online publishing company website called E-zine. The name of my continuing story is entitled "Running Away from Prostate Cancer".

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog and say hello.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those supposed to be dinosaurs? I've seen them from a distance on John Nolen and I thought they were sea monsters. +1 for loving this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to be able to get out and run at lunch. Isn't this weather wonderful! I hope it lasts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pictures, Linda! what a perfect lunchtime run!

    ReplyDelete