Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blowing and Snowing = Blizzard Conditions

As many of you know the mid-section of the country was hit yesterday with ton's of snow. We got 6 inches of snow on Monday and 13 inches yesterday. With 35 plus mile an hour winds - it was blowing and drifting like crazy which amount to Blizzard conditions.  Just about everything in southern WI was closed today, including the UW and all community schools.  Many businesses were also closed and the reporters were warning everyone to stay home and off the roads.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Our driveway

Snow drift on our stairs

Sophie playing in the snow
Since my office was not closed, I needed to get to work.  Of the 16 people that report to me, there are actually only 5 that live in the city of Madison.  Everyone else lives in surrounding communities, with one person living 30 miles away and another person living 50 miles away . . . crazy.  Since I live in the city, I figure there is really no excuse for not showing up for work.  As it turned out, this mornings commute took only 20 minutes - which is very close to normal.  Once I got out of my neighborhood, all the roads that I drove on were plowed and since many businesses were closed, it seemed like NO ONE was on the road.  There were 3 other people from my staff in the office, so it was a good day to get some work done.  No phone calls, only a couple of interruptions . . .

I ran outside on Monday morning and that might just be the one and only outside run this week.  We are going to have sub-zero temps tonight but I hope to at least take Sophie out for a quick walk tomorrow morning.  Planning on riding the bike trainer.

Take care and stay warm out there.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are OK. I really think all non-essential offices should close in conditions like that.
    Hope the worst is over. It is strange having all this sun here while you guys get battered by the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it wasn't that bad out there, but I'm still 100% happy with my decision to stay home, take a furlough day, and watch 3 episodes of Pushing Daisies. Glad it was a productive day for you.

    ReplyDelete