Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Sunday, January 5, 2014

It is cold . . .

. . . as it should be at this time of year in Wisconsin!!!!

All anyone can talk about is the cold! Newscasters are warning people going to the Packer game to wear 3 layers. I am not quite sure why 3 layers is the magic number? For the last couple days, today's Packer game has been compared to the famous ice Bowl, described by Wikipedia: "The Ice Bowl", the game-time temperature at Lambeau Field was about −15 °F (−26 °C), with an average wind chill around −48 °F (−44 °C). Today's temp's at game time is 5 °F with a wind chill of −12 °F . . . If you haven't been in cold temperatures, let me assure you that -12 is NOWHERE as cold as -48 . . . Not even in the same ball park!

Forecasts are still calling for extremely frigid temp's with the wind chill for tonight and tomorrow! We will see. I understand that 40 below zero is frigid and extremely dangerous but let's not act like we haven't experienced these type of temp's before.

It is Sunday, so our morning started at church service. There were about half as many people as a normal service. Once home I had decorations to take down and put away. A little cleaning and then chili making. This is perfect weather for chili! I posted a question on Facebook to see how much chili as getting made today? Lots of positive comments . . . .

Keeping with my goal of cooking all of Jenna's main course recipes, I selected her Homestyle Turkey Chili, HERE. How can a chili recipe that uses 1+ cup of red wine not be good? I have been cooking with a lot of ground turkey and knew I had some ground chuck in the freeze, so I make it with the beef. Plus, the recipe calls for chopping a gigantic onion. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE onions but maybe my onion was SUPER sized gigantic, because I decided to pull forego some of the onions.

No running for me today. With yesterday's 5+ miles and shoeshowing, my legs are tired. Took Sophie for a quick walk around the block.

How was the chili? You ask? That will have to wait until tomorrow - tonight was leftover meatloaf from last night with roasted cauliflower and asperagus and a sweet potatoe!

The Packer game has been somewhat painful to watch . . . OK, make that very painful. The only bright note to them losing is that I don't need to pack any Packer clothes for our ski trip next week end.

I need to figure out my running and biking plans for 2014 and get them posted (it helps with being accountable) and I had wanted to post a 2013 summary - but it might be getting a little late for that - heck it is already the second week of 2014.

Enjoy the moments!

 

1 comment:

  1. We did end up making chili!

    Ha ha. Happy I am not the only one who is over all the cold talk. My mom actually asked me if I was watching the Packers game (my husband and I don't watch sports, she knows this) just because of how cold it was. Like that is a reason o watch. And from what you are saying, it sounds like it wasn't that bad. LOL.

    ReplyDelete