Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Steamboat . . .

. . . still snowing! Charlie and I took Monday off to rest my legs and his back. He fell on Sunday and hurt his back - nothing worse than a sore back while snow boarding or skiing.

This morning we woke up to snow and wind. We were at the Gondola at 8:25, which is 5 minutes before they open so we waited about 5 minutes and then headed up the mountain and started our day on Heavenly Daze again. We did that run 3 times and then separated. I stayed on the bottom mountain area for some runs and then decided to head up to the top, hoping it wasn't as cloudy as it looked. The top of the mountain was in the clouds but as the lift got closer and closer to the top I realized that there was basically little to no visibility. I should have known it would be bad. I took it pretty easy skiing down because you couldn't see very well. At the bottom of the run, I decided to head to one of the mountain restaurants to warm up. By this time it was about 12:15 and the rest of the family met me at The Rendezvous.

Here is a shot of my son Joe in the distance.

We contined skiing and finished up around 2:30.
On the home front, we are having our base molding, window trim and interior doors replaced. We have been waiting for the crew to start for about 6 months. They had other jobs and we were not in a hurry. I was just thrilled to know it was off of my to do list. Anyway, they started this week. Here is a before shot of the hall bathroom door before and after.
As you can see we are replacing dark wood trim and hollow core doors with solid core white 4 panel doors and white base molding. I am enjoying our ski vacation but can't wait to see the results. Of course there are many other doors to finish and windows and base . . . the builders will be at the house for about a month. There will be plenty of time for me to enjoy it,
Enjoy the moments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment