Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

News from the Dr's office - not good

The X-rays were not conclusive - but did indicate a possible fracture - so I am going in tomorrow for a bone scan. When the Dr. pressed and prodded - I felt most of my pain with the second metatarsal - but that wasn't where the possible fracture was indicated on the x-ray. So we will see. To be honest - it felt much better last night.

I went for a walk this morning with my dog and thought about running a block or two to check it out . . . but I didn't. Patience is not one of my virtues.

So I will wait another day to find out.

I will post again - but between you and me - this is one of my biggest fears - bone density issues - as a result of breast cancer, I am on a drug called Arimidex . . . and one of the side effects is loss of bone density. ;-(

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear the news!!! I will be thinking of you and hoping for good things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really hope this is not related to bone density...I hope the bone scan shows nothing amiss. Big hug (((())))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!!! Hopefully the test comes back negative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. poo, I know these kinds of things are super upsetting. When you are in teh flow it stinks to be stopped, BUT as you know you can over come this too and we've got all kinds of ideas for low impact workouts from the injury crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep my fingers crossed for your Dr. visit!

    ReplyDelete