Blog Action Day 2010
I read about blog action day on Robin's blog, Running Circles around the Turtles - HERE. I thought it might be fun to participate given that the topic is Water. The idea is that everyone involved writes about the same subject . . . obviously this will result in tons of different ideas and opinions.
Take a look - Water is all around us. Water is probably the most recycled product we have on earth. The whole evaporation - condensation - precipitation cycle happens over and over again . . . providing us with water to live - water to grow - water to produce.
Are you conscience of the water you consume?
- Do you shut the water off while you are brushing your teeth?
- Do you let the water run while rinsing dishes you washed by hand?
- Do you wash you car in your driveway and let the water wash down the storm sewer?
- Do you water your yard and let much of the water spray on to the street or sidewalks?
- Do you run your dishwasher when you only have a few dishes to wash?
- Do you turn on the washing machine to wash only a couple items of clothing?
- Do you take excessively long showers?
Downtown as seen from Lake Monona
Before you buy a new shirt, pants, chair, car, bike, toy, shoes or food - stop and think about the water used to produce the product.
Before you turn on the faucet - stop and think about the water that we use.
Saving just a little can make a huge difference.
After all, we all live on the same planet - our home - Mother Earth . . . common ground!