Pages

Why am I Running from Cancer?

Why am I Running from Cancer?. . . check out this post for an explanation

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hump Day

Hump Day update:  I started the day with a two mile run with Sophie.  I pressed the snooze a couple of times this morning and just wasn't going to get out of bed in time to get any distance in this morning.  2 miles was going to be it.  The Haunted Hustle 1/2 marathon is just over a week away - and although I did get an almost 12 mile run in last Saturday - I really want to get a mid-week run of 5-8 miles in.  So today I decided to run at lunch.  It actually worked out great.  The run went really well - if only I could keep this pace up for longer than 5 miles . . . I ran 5.1 miles with an average pace of 9:13.  I don't usually run at lunch - but really need to consider this more with winter coming.  As I have gotten older I really don't like running in the dark on potentially slippery surfaces.  I bought a head light a couple of weeks ago and have only used it in the evening for a walk.  I actually didn't need it this morning . . . because I slept late and wasn't out there running in the dark.  Oops!

Last night I finally did some sewing.  I had some pants that needed to be taken in - and hemmed.  I wore these pants last winter with pins in them - yuck - and finally got around to getting the sewing machine out and taking them in.  They were also too long to wear with my "comfy" shoes - I could really only wear them with heels - and that just doesn't work very well.  My feet complain so much after I wear heels - I almost always wake up at night with toe and foot cramps after I have worn higher heels ( and trust me these are not that high).  And the reason I needed to do some sewing last night was that I stopped at Chico's and did some shopping after work.  I have never been to a Chico's store . . . but found 2 jackets, three shirts / tops and a belt . . . and everything except the belt was on sale.  I figure that the middle of October is past the time to put away my summer khaki's and get back into wearing my fall and winter clothes and needed these pants to wear with the new clothes.

Rest of the week is pretty busy - for me.
Thursday evening I am attending a dinner in town for A Fund for Women - a fundraising event which  support grants to women and girls in our community.
Friday evening a co-worker is playing in a polka band at Essen Haus - a German restaurant/bar in town and some of us from the office are attending.
Saturday my hubby's brother will be in town visiting and we need to watch the BADGER game.
Sunday - last long run before next weekends Haunted Hustle 1/2 marathon.

Peace and have some great runs out there!

2 comments:

  1. Dear MRFC,

    I was diagnosed with prostate cancer back in 2007. Things are so far going good after prostate removal surgery. My running has helped me keep it together.

    I'm putting together of group of runners etc to share experiences via blogging. Interested?

    Stop by my blog and perhaps you might find something useful to help prepare you for your upcoming 1/2 marathon.

    Take care,

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have pants that mostly fit properly with heels...which I really don't like wearing anymore. Running is taking over my life :)

    Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete